Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dia ...Monologue V

Club X...12.45A.M, WEDNESDAY, 26TH August, 2009

...did you hear me? 

(beat) 

I said i'm 'daeze...Just got back from the states...

(beat) 

Yeah...I haven't been home in a while...and you're...? Ricky...Hi Ricky...forgive me but I've been watching  you since you walked in with your pals...wondering what your voice may sound like...

(beat) 

Uhm...I'm sorry...I'm just so used to...uhm...I plum forgot how rude it seems sometimes when you say everything you're thinking. Please, pretend it didn't happen. Enjoy your...

(beat) 

What? 

(Beat)

Really? You don't mind? Wow! Gee! Thanks! Well, like i said, I just got back into the country...tryna fit back in.

(chuckles) 

Kinda hard ya know...uhm...we're screaming and we can barely hear each other...uhm...can we go outside...to the bar, perhaps...Or to my hotel . It's just across from this place...awww jeez! Please ignore me! 

(beat) 

Huh?...(Beat)You don't mind coming with me...(beat) Swell! C'mon then!

(Flip, flop)
(Unlock)
(Plunk)
(Bump, grind)


2 hours later...

Wow!! Dude...you are one helluva guy...Shit! I can't wait to do this again! I need to call Phil! He'll be so excited...You see, Phil likes to watch! 

(beat) 

Phil's my Husband...I must have mentioned him at some...Wassup? Where're you goin'? 

Wait!

(Slam!)

No comments: