How goes it? I just got back from work and it feels like someone's shutting down all the "departments" of my body. I thought I'd post this before the light bulb in my head goes too.
I was faffing around the internet today looking for the perfect picture for my blog masthead design and guess what I found??
First thought was "Taaa! Tufia!" "Jump am pass" but my curious kitty took over and I dug in!
It said it "welcomes newcomers". Then it says to go through a set of 20 questions and "If you answer "yes" to three or more of these questions you may be a workaholic. Relax. You are not alone. ."
Relax??? Hia! Ok. How Do I Know if I'm a Workaholic? There was only one way to find out. Take the damn test. So I did. Imma share the results hither.
Please find below, a representation of my thoughts/answers at the time (and now):
1. Do you get more excited about your work than about family or anything else?
Answer: Sadly, Sometimes.
2. Are there times when you can charge through your work and other times when you can't?
3. Do you take work with you to bed? On weekends? On vacation?
Answer: Yes *sigh*
4. Is work the activity you like to do best and talk about most?
Answer: Not Really...No.
5. Do you work more than 40 hours a week?
Answer: I work 10 - 16 hours, 6 - 7 days a week. Go figure. *wails*
6. Do you turn your hobbies into money-making ventures?
Answer: All my hobbies are my money makers. Hell, My current job came from a hobby.
7. Do you take complete responsibility for the outcome of your work efforts?
Answer: Sometimes, Yes.
8. Have your family or friends given up expecting you on time?
Answer: Yes. A loooong time ago.
9. Do you take on extra work because you are concerned that it won't otherwise get done?
Answer: *grits teeth* yesss.
10. Do you underestimate how long a project will take and then rush to complete it?
Answer: *insert hysterics* hell yeah. One of the reasons I left the office late today, again.
11. Do you believe that it is okay to work long hours if you love what you are doing?
Answer: yes. but it's true, no?
12. Do you get impatient with people who have other priorities besides work?
Answer: Used to...I changed.
13. Are you afraid that if you don't work hard you will lose your job or be a failure?
Answer: NO. Never how hard. I learnt early
14. Is the future a constant worry for you even when things are going very well?
15. Do you do things energetically and competitively including play?
16. Do you get irritated when people ask you to stop doing your work in order to do something else?
Answer: not anymore.
17. Have your long hours hurt your family or other relationships?
Answer: my boyfriend...my family...my friends...Yes.
18. Do you think about your work while driving, falling asleep or when others are talking?
Answer: Used to a lot...have reduced some.
19. Do you work or read during meals?
20. Do you believe that more money will solve the other problems in your life?
So what d'you think? Am I a workaholic?
Err...no need. I'm looking for an online meeting.
Some amazing shit!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN