Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mother Nature and all her friends

Day 3:

I'm lying in my bed. PHCN has held on to power so there's none. I'm here listening to the drone of my neighbor's genny, bikes and cars going by and yeah, the occasional aeroplane.

I'm listening hard to hear the crickets and other creatures that would naturally get busy at this time.
I hear none.

Growing up, I didn't have to look out for chirping birds early in the morning.
Cocks crowed as at when due.
Frogs croaked when it rained.
Crickets went about their business at nights
and the fireflies...they were ever present.

I don't remember the last time I saw ladybirds. I used to love comparing their patterns.
I doubt that I will recognise the scent of greenery if I perceived it.

I really should move to the country...

--
XOXO






Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN








No comments: